Efficient Fee Collection with ParqEx
Managing and enforcing parking spots in metropolitan landscapes can be stressful, with challenges ranging from monitoring authorized and unauthorized parkers, issuing violations and citations, and collecting fees efficiently. ParqEx, a leading player in the parking and property technology industry, has revolutionized the management and enforcement of all parking with its Enforcer app. This powerful tool offers an extensive parking enforcement solution, including a streamlined fee collection process for property management built within the app. In this blog, we’ll explore just how efficient fee collection is with ParqEx.
What Fines or Fees Collection can you do with ParqEx?
The ParqEx platform is highly customizable and depending on the individual property’s requirements, it can be configured to collect any fines or fees. Parking-related fees or fines can vary significantly depending on the country, city, or municipality you are in. However, here’s a general list of some common types of parking fees and fines:
- Metered Parking Fees: Charges for parking in spaces that have time limits and require payment. Fees can vary depending on location and time of day.
- Permit Parking Fees: Charges for obtaining a permit to park in designated areas, often in residential neighborhoods or near businesses.
- Overstay Fines: Fines for exceeding the allotted time in a parking space, such as overstaying in a metered space or 2-hour parking zone.
- No Parking Zone Fines: Fines for parking in areas where parking is not allowed, usually indicated by signs.
- Handicapped Parking Violations: Fines for parking in spaces reserved for handicapped individuals without the appropriate permit.
- Fire Lane Violations: Fines for parking in designated fire lanes, which are critical for emergency access.
- Loading Zone Violations: Fines for parking in areas reserved for loading and unloading.
- Street Sweeping Violations: Fines for parking on streets during designated street sweeping times.
- Red or Yellow Curb Violations: Fines for parking next to colored curbs that indicate no parking or limited parking conditions.
- Parking in Front of a Driveway: Fines for blocking a private or public driveway.
- Double Parking: Fines for parking parallel to another parked car, typically in a traffic lane.
- Expired Registration: While not strictly a parking violation, vehicles parked on public roads with expired registration tags can be ticketed or even towed in some jurisdictions.
- Parking Opposite the Direction of Traffic: Fines for parking against the flow of traffic.
- Oversized Vehicle Violations: Fines for parking large vehicles, like RVs or trailers, in areas where they are prohibited.
- Parking in a Bike Lane: Fines for parking in designated bicycle lanes.
- Event or Stadium Parking Fees: Fees for parking at or near event venues or stadiums.
- Monthly Parking Fees: For those who rent a space in a parking garage or lot on a monthly basis.
- Early Exit or Cancellation Fees: In some parking garages or lots, if you pre-pay for a certain time and leave earlier, you might not get a refund.
- Towing Fees: If a vehicle is parked illegally and is towed, the owner might have to pay a towing fee and potentially a daily storage fee until the car is claimed.
- Booting Fees: In some cities, if you have multiple unpaid parking tickets, your car can be “booted” – a device is placed on the wheel to immobilize the vehicle. There’s a fee to have the boot removed.
- Airport Parking Fees: Charges for parking in airport lots or garages, which might be tiered based on proximity to the terminal.
- Late Payment Penalties: If a parking ticket isn’t paid within the designated time frame, additional fees might be added.
Remember, the exact fees and fines, as well as the regulations that dictate when they’re applied, can vary. Always check local parking regulations, the ParqEx app, and signage to avoid unwanted fines.
Benefits of using the right enforcement platform for fee management, collections, and reporting
There are countless advantages to using ParqEx’s Enforcer app for enforcing your properties, but have you considered an enforcement solution also to be a fee collection tool? Learn about the benefits that our Enforcer app provides to property management and enforcement companies regarding fee collection!
1) In-App Payment Processing
One of the most straightforward benefits of ParqEx’s Enforcer app is its ability to streamline payment processing. All fees; including but not limited to parking renal (short-term, monthly, annual), citations for violations (towing, boot, fines, storage), deposits, etc., can be collected seamlessly within the ParqEx Enforcer app, eliminating any need for manual, paper transactions. This saves time, reduces the risk of human mistakes, and decreases costs regarding paper products as payment processing is collected electronically within the Enforcer app.
2) Parking Violations and Citations
The Enforcer app goes beyond just standard parking fee collection. It enables parking enforcement officers to collect parking violations and citation fees. With the ParqEx Enforcer app, enforcement officers can issue violations and citations directly through the app. This feature allows for a more effective and organized process, as all violation data is recorded electronically and can be easily shared with whoever is necessary and accessed whenever needed. Furthermore, it simplifies the tracking of outstanding offenses and streamlines the collection of fees.
3) Real-Time Reporting
ParqEx’s Enforcer app provides real-time reporting capacities, which is priceless for parking, property management, and enforcement officers. It provides a broad view of all fee collections and any current violations and citations on the property. As you can imagine, the Enforcer app makes tracking revenue easier and augments the effectiveness of enforcing parking regulations.
4) Customizable Fee Structures
Varying properties with their associated parking facilities may have different fee structures and prices, and the Enforcer app caters to these differences. Property management and ownership can customize fee schedules to accommodate their needs. They can alter their hourly rates, daily fees, monthly parking pricing, event-specific fees, and parking rules and regulations; the app can handle it all, ensuring precise and constant fee collection for the property.
5) Integration Capabilities
ParqEx understands that parking and property management are just two aspects of the real estate world. With that in mind, the Enforcer app is designed for integration, allowing it to work seamlessly with other systems, software, and technologies. This integration can extend to payment software, security systems, property management software, etc., creating a more interconnected ecosystem.
6) Cost Saving, Revenue Generation and Increased Efficiency
The Enforcer app improves parking management efficiency on any property in use. By automating fee collection, eliminating old-school fee-collecting methods, reducing staff time spent on enforcement, and improving reporting, the Enforcer app enables parking management to spend time elsewhere. Further, the ability to enforce regulations and collect fees invariably through the app can lead to increased revenue for property owners.
ParqEx’s Enforcer app is a leader in parking management and enforcement. Its ability to collect fees within the app, issue parking violations immediately upon scanning a license plate with the mobile LPR tool, and provide real-time reporting makes it an integral tool for property management and enforcement companies. With customizable fee structures, real-time reporting, and integration capabilities, the Enforcer app simplifies fee collection and adds value to the property management ecosystem of technologies. Solutions like the Enforcer app are vital for preserving order in the parking realm as a property grows. Efficient fee collection with ParqEx is possible! Learn more by booking a demo with our team.